Sports Ministry at First Pres offers a great opportunity for your son or daughter in grades 1-6 to get involved in sports. We offer an Upward Basketball league in the Winter and Indoor Soccer league in the Spring. Each league includes the chance for players to learn a sport in a fun, low-competitive environment where the focus is on growing both physically in their sport and spiritually in their relationship with God. We do this through weekly practices and games where players have opportunities to participate in team discussions, devotions, and memory verses. At the end of each season we have an awards celebration where we come together as a family and recognize the hard work that each player has put forth.
Registration Opens: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Upward Basketball is a fun, non-competitive league for boys and girls in 1st-6th grade.
2018 Program Schedule:
Opening Day: Saturday, January 13, 2018
First Practice: week of January 15-19, 2018
First Game: Saturday, January 20, 2018
Awards Celebration: Sunday, February 25, 2018
Everyone MUST attend either one of the basketball evaluations listed below:
Friday, November 3, 2017 from 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Saturday, November 11, 2017 from 8:00am to 1:00pm
Evaluations will take place in the FP Activities Center
Cost per child: $90 (Basketball shorts included.)
Deadline for registration: November 11th
- Teams will practice 1 night per week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, OR Friday.
- Practices run for 1 hour at 5:30pm, 6:30pm or 7:30pm.
- Games will take place on Saturdays for six weeks beginning January 20th and ending on February 24th.
- Games will start at 8:00am and run every hour until finished.
- 1st & 2nd Grade Boys will play first, followed by 1st-3rd Grade Girls, etc.
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys will play toward the end of the day and will play full court games (NEW)!
- We cannot run this league without volunteers! If you, or someone you know is interested in participating as a COACH, ASSISTANT COACH, OR REFEREE, please complete the form below or make sure to let us know when you register your child.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact our Sports Director, Steve Gold at firstname.lastname@example.org or his Assistant, Aileen Miller at email@example.com.
Our next soccer season will begin in the spring of 2018. Registration information will be available in January of 2018.