Sports Ministry at First Pres offers a great opportunity for your son or daughter in grades 1-6 to get involved in sports. We offer an Upward Basketball league in the Winter and Indoor Soccer league in the Spring. Each league includes the chance for players to learn a sport in a fun, low-competitive environment where the focus is on growing both physically in their sport and spiritually in their relationship with God. We do this through weekly practices and games where players have opportunities to participate in team discussions, devotions, and memory verses. At the end of each season we have an awards celebration where we come together as a family and recognize the hard work that each player has put forth.
Upward Basketball is a fun, non-competitive league for boys and girls in 1st-6th grade.
Registration is now closed. Our league is full.
2018 Program Schedule:
Opening Day: Saturday, January 13, 2018
First Practice: week of January 15-19, 2018
First Game: Saturday, January 20, 2018
Picture Day: Saturday, January 27, 2018
Awards Celebration: Sunday, February 25, 2018
- Teams will practice 1 night per week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, OR Friday.
- Practices run for 1 hour at 5:30pm, 6:30pm or 7:30pm.
- Games will take place on Saturdays for six weeks beginning January 20th and ending on February 24th.
- Games will start at 8:00am and run every hour until finished.
- CLICK HERE for a copy of the current week’s game schedule.
- We cannot run this league without volunteers! If you, or someone you know is interested in participating as a COACH, ASSISTANT COACH, OR REFEREE, please complete the form below or make sure to let us know when you register your child.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact our Sports Director, Steve Gold at email@example.com or his Assistant, Aileen Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for Indoor Soccer has begun!
Click HERE for information about the league, including registration and evaluations.